A cloud-based directory service is a great way to manage user identities in your organization. With a cloud directory, you can easily connect users with the resources they need and keep your IT environment secure. This article will discuss some of the benefits of using a cloud directory over an Active Directory, and we’ll show you how to get started.
What is a cloud directory?
A cloud directory is a cloud-based identity management system that stores and manages user identities in the cloud. This centralized platform can be used to authenticate users across a variety of devices and applications. In addition, cloud directories can be used to provide single sign-on (SSO) capabilities, allowing users to access multiple operating systems and applications with a single set of credentials. Because cloud directories are centrally managed, they can be used to automatically provision, and de-provision user accounts as needed. As a result, cloud directories can help organizations improve security and reduce the cost of identity management.
The benefits of using a cloud directory over Active Directory
There are many benefits of using a cloud directory over Active Directory, including:
Reduced costs: A cloud directory can be cheaper to set up and maintain than Active Directory.
Increased security: With a cloud directory, you can quickly implement security measures such as two-factor authentication and single sign-on.
Improved scalability: A cloud directory can be easily scaled up or down to meet your organization’s needs.
Enhanced flexibility: A cloud directory can be easily integrated with other cloud-based services, such as Office 365.
Enhanced usability: A cloud directory can be accessed from anywhere, at any time, making it more convenient for users.
How to get started with a cloud directory
If you’re interested in setting up a cloud directory for your organization, there are a few things you’ll need to do:
- Choose a cloud directory service: There are many cloud directory services available, such as Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Google Cloud Directory, and AWS Directory Service. If you’re a smaller business looking for an affordable solution, the LogonBox Directory is free!
- Set up your cloud directory: Once you’ve chosen a cloud directory service, you’ll need to set up your cloud directory; this involves creating a new account and configuring your settings.
- Add users: Now that your cloud directory is ready, you’ll need to add users to manage. You can do this manually or synchronize with an existing directory, such as Active Directory.
- Configure Security: Configure security settings for your cloud directory by enabling two-factor authentication on all your systems, from Windows computers to web apps. LogonBox Directory supports third-party solutions such as Microsoft Authenticator and includes its 2FA app called LogonBox Authenticator – a secure biometric app for your smartphone.
- Start using your cloud directory: With everything set up, you can start using your cloud directory! Users will be able to log in to Windows, Linux or Mac systems, access web apps and other resources they need, and you’ll be able to manage your IT environment more securely.
Why LogonBox Directory
The cloud-hosted LogonBox Directory is an affordable solution for businesses of all sizes. It is free to use and easy to set up, making it an excellent choice for small businesses or businesses with limited IT resources. The LogonBox Directory is a cloud-hosted solution that provides a central, universal user directory. This means users can access multiple disparate systems and resources without needing to duplicate identities. The LogonBox Directory is also highly scalable to grow with your business. And because it is cloud-based, there are no hardware or software requirements. You can get started with the LogonBox Directory today and enjoy the benefits of a cloud directory for your business.
Why cloud directories are the future of identity management
Cloud directories are the future of identity management because they offer several advantages over traditional on-premises solutions, such as Active Directory. With a cloud directory, you can easily connect users with the resources they need and keep your IT environment secure. In addition, cloud directories are more scalable and flexible than on-premises solutions, and they can be easily integrated with other cloud-based services. If you’re looking for a more convenient and cost-effective way to manage user identities, a cloud directory is a perfect solution.
A cloud-based directory service is a great way to manage user identities in your organization. With a cloud directory, you can easily connect users with the resources they need and keep your IT environment lean and secure. This article discussed some of the benefits of using a cloud directory over an Active Directory. We’ve also shown you how to get started with a cloud directory. Cloud directories are the future of identity management, offering many advantages over traditional on-premises solutions. If you’re looking for a way to improve your organization’s identity management strategy, we recommend considering a cloud directory.